About Me

My photo
A memory bank of my garments, views on attire and unique finds... Take a mixing bowl, add a bit of mod, a pinch of 80's, some Indie Rock'n'Roll, a sprinkle of skater-Chav and give it a retro glaze and you have created 'Nates True Style.'

Sunday 26 February 2012

Jamie T- Emilys Heart (Ruby Sigurdardottir Cover)

Me & Jamie At Wedgewood Studios, Portsmouth
2009
Jamie T- Emilys Heart

(Ruby Sigurdardottir Cover)



My girlfriend Ruby “Little Red” Sigurdardottir was recently in the recording studio and recorded one of my favourite Jamie T tracks.

I’m a huge Jamie T fan and have been to a couple of his gigs.  A friend and I even had a little chat with the man himself as well as his bassist Louie, outside Wedgewood studios in Portsmouth. Five words to describe Jamie are:

DOWN TO EARTH GENUINE HERO.

I was a little worried that I might stubbornly be stuck in my ways in favor of the original but this was most definitely not the case. In my opinion, Ruby (as that over hyped up pre-Madonna Cheryl Cole would say) “absolutely smashed it.” Her sweet, soft voice compliments the lyrics perfectly and contrasts effectively to what is actually a pretty dark song.

The original music video was actually filmed in our local town, Broadstairs, by the seaside. Therefore we felt that we should stay true to the original and film it in the neighboring seaside town of Ramsgate. Ruby had local producer Nick Wilson remake the acoustic guitar backing track. She then had a very talented young lady named Parisa Tarjomani shoot and edit the music video.

We were going for a rustic, grimy feel for the video, so I felt that my clothing had to be a touch dark, giving me a moody, dirty but still quirky vibe.

I opted for black skinny jeans rolled up at the ankles to show thick grey socks paired with beige canvas desert boots. On the torso I wore an iconic piece that I feel really set the tone of the outfit: a dark Ivy Fred Perry nylon cagoule, made with the finest British Magellan material. It gave the whole look that proper traditional English feel.
This was all topped off with a soft khaki trilby hat and brown tortoiseshell Ray-Ban spectacles.

Hold tight and I will keep you posted for more Little Red music.

Check the outfit and the video out below, and be nice, or it may be you that ends up bruised and bloody (I’m joking, violence is for people who are poor with words.)


No comments:

Post a Comment