About Me

My photo
A memory bank of my garments, views on attire and unique finds... Take a mixing bowl, add a bit of mod, a pinch of 80's, some Indie Rock'n'Roll, a sprinkle of skater-Chav and give it a retro glaze and you have created 'Nates True Style.'

Friday 2 March 2012

Dope Chef

Dope Chef
'Cooking Up A Hype'



I've been following Dope Chef for about 6 months and in that time they've blown up like Mount vesuvius. 



It seems that the chefs at this fashion brand are bringing something completely new and different to the kitchen counter. With their use of eye-popping colours and striking, satirical cartoons, Dope Chef garments are a step above the rest at the moment.


The clothing line's main character is a cartoon chef who cooks up nothing but dopeness. The brand also has a ‘CHI Town’ range, consisting of Chicago Bulls and Oakland Raiders logo's on Dope Chef toques.

I got myself down to the shop in North London (which is actually on a boat...on a river and everything...I know...dope.) When I was onboard I was presented by THE sickest layout of a store I have ever seen.The chefs working there were tip top people too.  So nice in fact that they invited me down to the Christmas party in a basement club that was smackin’ hip-hop till the early hours of the A.M. A special guest appearance from controversial UK smash ‘Mikill Pane’ (The wordsmith on Ed Sheeran's 'The A Team' Track Remix- Little Lady) assured me that dope chef must be taken seriously. Mikell has also done a collaboration with the clothing line that sold out in no time at all. He's definitely a special sauce within the range.

The likes of Piff Gang, Tiny Tempah and my personal all time favourite cheeky Rapping/Singing/Dancing duo, Rizzle Kicks! Have all been clocked supporting the brand.

Little Red and I went to see Harley and Jordan (Rizzle Kicks) a few weeks ago at XOYO and sported my fresh out the oven (pardon the pun) Dope Chef Logo sweatshirt. Supporting my chef piece was an ONLY panel cap, the brightest red jeans I could find on the high street and some mid-top, canvas, Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars. This gave me the Rizzle Kicks ‘jump up and sing with a Cheshire cat smile’ vibe I needed to bounce along with the overly energetic youngsters.

Rizzle Kicks have also featured a couple of Dope Chef items in the video of their newly released track, ‘Traveller's Chant’.

Dope Chef have a range of 4 snapbacks on pre-order at the moment that are due to finish baking early April. I've already requested two of these and will be telling you what I think as soon as I receive them. 


I am pretty certain that Chef fans will be all over the snapbacks like ants over a chocolate whirl so I suggest you get cooking because



DOPE CHEF AIN'T GOT AN EXPIRATION DATE.




Me & Harley From Rizzle Kicks Sharing A Benson



No comments:

Post a Comment