About Me

My photo
A memory bank of my garments, views on attire and unique finds... Take a mixing bowl, add a bit of mod, a pinch of 80's, some Indie Rock'n'Roll, a sprinkle of skater-Chav and give it a retro glaze and you have created 'Nates True Style.'

Thursday 12 April 2012

DOPE CHEF/STARTER

Dope Chef

'
Dopest Snapback From The Starter'

The shipment has finally docked at N.T.S HQ with contents fit for a king.



2 Dope Chef/Starter snapback hats. YES.

Dope Chef seduced fans of the snapback way back in Feb on their website and as soon as I laid eyes on them I was charged up! I had seen a few of their hats at the Boat shop AKA HMS #SWAG in London just before last Christmas. I enquired about the killa items and was quickly told that they weren't ready for release yet. So, when the internet teaser came up for pre-orders, I handed over my card details quicker than Tulisa said 'it wasnt me'.

Dope Chef had four bangers to choose from and only 144 of each style would be made, From these four I was keen to obtain at least two. I opted for the 'Miami Vice' and  'Dope Block' styles. I then proceeded to eagerly wait six weeks next to my letter box...



Dope-day finally arrived.

The HQ went quieter than a doctors waiting room as i unveiled the Royal Mail box of goodness. I havent stopped beaming since that moment. I couldnt be more pumped and impressed with these hats. I was overly worried that this could be a massive anti-climax and a gigantic flop for Dope Chef but without a doubt was seriously worth the wait and the cash money.


I own a few snapbacks already from
DGK and OBEY (pieces on those brands coming shortly) but they are nowhere near the standard of quality as these. Then again, these have been cooked up by meanstreet hat creators STARTER- only like the most original snapback producers ever. So of course they were going to be pretty tip-top.

The hats really do have everything you could want and more, even down to the Starter signature circular relective sticker on the inside peak of the cap. Dope Chef  haven't just thought about the front of the hat either. The Chefs have certainly made double sure that any style chaser will know, these snapbacks are not easily purchased  for a penny or pound from your local JD Sports, in the words of Wretch 32, 'NO WAY'. The Chefs have put the signature moustache logo on a little yellow label next to the fastener at the back of the cap, another signature detail, is a Cross-bone style Knife and Fork emblem at the side.


 I most definetly expect Dope Chef to release many more Snapbacks in the future due to the success of the first baked batch. Obviously i am already looking forward to donning one at my next event in two days time with Little Red- getting up front and grimey to sounds of Joker and Mike Skinner's first UK DJ set.



Top hats for top cats.

LOOK DOPE, SMELL DOPEBE DOPE. DOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment